29 octombrie 2016

Movie of the Day: Vertigo (1958)

James Stewart (John 'Scottie' Ferguson)  & Kim Novak (Madeleine Elster / Judy Barton)

2h 8min | Mystery, Romance, Thriller | 21 July 1958 (Brazil)


Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Writers: Alec Coppel & Samuel A. Taylor (screenplay), Pierre Boileau & and Thomas Narcejac (novel)
Stars: James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes

Memorable Quotes


Judy: If I let you change me, will that do it? If I do what you tell me, will you love me?
Scottie: Yes. Yes.
Judy: All right. All right then, I'll do it. I don't care anymore about me.

Madeleine: Only one is a wanderer; two together are always going somewhere.

Scottie: You shouldn't keep souvenirs of a killing. You shouldn't have been that sentimental.

Scottie: And then what did he do? Did he train you? Did he rehearse you? Did he tell you exactly what to do, what to say? You were a very apt pupil too, weren't you? You were a very apt pupil! Well, why did you pick on me? Why me?

Madeleine: Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice.

Scottie: I hope we will, too.
Madeleine: What?
Scottie: Meet again sometime.
Madeleine: We have.

Scottie: Anyone could become obsessed with the past with a background like that!

Scottie: One final thing I have to do... and then I'll be free of the past.

[last lines]
Nun: God, have mercy.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu