18 iunie 2014

Movie of the Day: Lolita (1962)

152 min - Drama | Romance - 12 June 1962 (USA)

Director: Stanley Kubrick
Writers: Vladimir Nabokov
Stars: James Mason, Shelley Winters, Sue Lyon

Memorable Quotes


Humbert Humbert: You know, I've missed you terribly.
Lolita Haze: I haven't missed you. In fact, I've been revoltingly unfaithful to you.
Humbert Humbert: Oh?
Lolita Haze: But it doesn't matter a bit, because you've stopped caring anyway.
Humbert Humbert: What makes you say I've stopped caring for you?
Lolita Haze: Well, you haven't even kissed me yet, have you?

Charlotte Haze: Do you believe in God?
Humbert Humbert: The question is does God believe in me?

Humbert Humbert: The best people all shave twice a day.
Charlotte Haze: Whenever you touch me, darling, I go as limp as a noodle.
Humbert Humbert: Yes, I am familiar with that feeling.

Humbert Humbert: What drives me insane is the twofold nature of this nymphet, of every nymphet perhaps, this mixture in my Lolita of tender, dreamy childishness and a kind of eerie vulgarity. I know it is madness to keep this journal, but it gives me a strange thrill to do so. And only a loving wife could decipher my microscopic script.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu