17 iunie 2014

Movie of the Day: How to Steal a Million (1966)

Audrey Hepburn (Nicole) & Peter O'Toole (Simon Dermott)
123 min - Comedy | Crime | Romance - 19 August 1966 (UK)

Director: William Wyler
Writers: George Bradshaw(based on a story by), Harry Kurnitz (screenplay)
Stars: Audrey Hepburn, Peter O'Toole, Eli Wallach


Memorable Quotes


Nicole Bonnet: Your arm is much better.
Simon Dermott: Oh no no, it hurts, it hurts.
Nicole Bonnet: It's the other arm.
Simon Dermott: The infection is spreading.

Nicole Bonnet: I can't drive a stolen car!
Simon Dermott: Same principle, four gears forward, one reverse.

Simon Dermott: Why must it be this particular work of art?
Nicole Bonnet: You don't think I'd steal something that didn't belong to me, do you?
Simon Dermott: Excuse me, I spoke without thinking.

[Evaluating Nicole's cleaning-woman costume]
Simon Dermott: Yes, that's fine. That does it.
Nicole Bonnet: Does what?
Simon Dermott: Well, for one thing, it gives Givenchy a night off.

Nicole Bonnet: I didn't want to keep you waiting, so I got engaged to him. Is it alright? Am I on time?
Simon Dermott: Perfectly. In fact, we have ten more minutes, so if you want to go back and marry him?

Nicole Bonnet: I keep telling you, Papa, when you sell a fake masterpiece, that is a crime!
Charles Bonnet: But I don't sell them to poor people, only to millionaires.

Charles Bonnet: Don't you know that in his lifetime Van Gogh only sold one painting? While I, in loving memory of his tragic genius, have already sold two.

Charles Bonnet: I doubt very much if Van Gogh himself would have gone through so much trouble.
Nicole Bonnet: He didn't have to. He was Van Gogh!

Simon Dermott: Why don't you wait till you get it home and steal it then? No muss, no fuss, just a nice clean inside job? I'd be happy to offer my services.

Nicole Bonnet: For a burglar you're not very brave, are you?
Simon Dermott: I'm a society burglar. I don't expect people to rush about shooting me!

Simon Dermott: I want you to take a long look at the trees, the blue sky, and the river, all of which I personally loathe, which is why a juicy stretch in a French prison doesn't bother me at all.

Simon Dermott: There's the bathroom, take off your clothes.
Nicole Bonnet: Are we planning the same sort of crime?

Simon Dermott: It's National Crime Prevention Week. Take a burglar to dinner.

Simon Dermott: [crazy Senor Paravideo comes as Nicole and Simon are leaving] Who's that?
Nicole Bonnet: [obviously lying] Papa's cousin... from South America!
Simon Dermott: You know for someone who started lying recently, you're showing a real flair!
Nicole Bonnet: Oh thank you!

Simon Dermott: Look, it's early, why don't I show you the real Paris?
Nicole Bonnet: That's very kind of you, but I live here; I was born in Paris.
Simon Dermott: Oh, that's right, I forgot. Well why don't you show me the real Paris.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu