6 martie 2017

Movie of the Day: Funny Face (1957)

Audrey Hepburn as Jo Stockton in Funny Face (1957)
1h 43min | Comedy, Musical, Romance | 13 February 1957 (USA)

Director: Stanley Donen
Writers: Leonard Gershe
Stars: Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire

Memorable Quotes


[Dick kisses Jo] 
Jo Stockton: Why did you do that? 
Dick Avery: Empathy. I put myself in your place and I felt that you wanted to be kissed. 
Jo Stockton: I'm afraid you put yourself in the wrong place. I have no desire to be kissed, by you or anyone else.
Dick Avery: Don't be silly. Everybody wants to be kissed - even philosophers.

Dick Avery: You are mad, aren't you?
Jo Stockton: No, I'm not mad. I... I'm hurt and disappointed and... and mad.

Dick Avery: When I get through with you, you'll look like... What do you call beautiful? A tree. You'll look like a tree.

Jo Stockton: What about these pictures? 
Dick Avery: Well, we're using this shop as a background for some fashion pictures for Quality Magazine. 
Jo Stockton: I'm sorry, but I can't let you do this. Dr. Post would never approve. She doesn't approve of fashion magazines. It's chichi and an unrealistic approach to self-impressions as well as economics.

Maggie Prescott: Duval, please! I can't hear myself think, and I'm trying to think in French!

Jo Stockton: I was taught that I ought not expose my inner senses. Had no plan for a man, I was full of self-defenses. Now I feel that I really must face the consequences. My philosophic search, has left me in a lurch. I must find why my mind is behaving like a dancer. What's the clue to pursue for I have to have the answer? I could cry salty tears, where have I been all these years? How long has this been going on?

Dick Avery: Livin' is easy. Livin' is high. All good Americans should come here to die.

Dick Avery: We want to sit at your feet and learn. We have so much to learn. 
Maggie Prescott: We sit at your feet humble and ignorant but so willing. 
Jo Stockton: Look, you two just leave his feet alone.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu