30 martie 2016

Movie of the Day: Notorious (1946)

Ingrid Bergman (Alicia Huberman) & Cary Grant (Devlin)

1h 41min | Drama, Film-Noir, Romance | 6 September 1946 (USA)

Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Writers: Ben Hecht (screen play)
Stars: Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains

Memorable Quotes


Alicia: Say it again, it keeps me awake.
Devlin: I love you.

Alicia: This is a very strange love affair.
Devlin: Why?
Alicia: Maybe the fact that you don't love me.

[driving while drunk]
Alicia: How am I doing?
Devlin: Not bad.
Alicia: Scared?
Devlin: No.
Alicia: No... no, you're not scared of anything, are you?
[the car nearly swerves off-road]
Devlin: [correcting himself] Not too much!

Devlin: Don't you need a coat?
Alicia: You'll do.

Alicia: There's nothing like a love song to give you a good laugh.

Alicia: Don't ever leave me.
Devlin: You'll never get rid of me again.
Alicia: Never tried to.

Alicia: Well, you never believed in me anyways. So what's the difference?
Devlin: It's lucky for both of us that I didn't. It wouldn't have been pretty if I'd believed in you. If I'd figured, she'll never be able to go through with it, she's been made over by love.
Alicia: If you only once had said that you loved me. Oh, Dev.

Devlin: Listen, you've chalked up another boyfriend, that's all. No harm done.
Alicia: I hate you.
Devlin: There's no occasion to, you're doing good work.

Alicia: I'm terrified.
Devlin: Just pretend you're a janitor. Janitors are never terrified.
Alicia: I have a feeling they're very slow.

Alicia: This fog gets me.
Devlin: That's your hair in your eyes.

Devlin: [after being caught kissing Alicia at the party] I knew her before you, loved her before you, only I'm not as lucky as you...

[Alicia and Devlin meet on a bench in the city]
Devlin: What's new?
Alicia: Oh, nothing. What's new with you?
Devlin: Nothing.

Devlin: A man doesn't tell a woman what to do. She tells herself.

Alicia: Well, did you hear that? I'm practically on the wagon, that's quite a change.
Devlin: It's a phase.
Alicia: You don't think a woman can change?
Devlin: Sure, change is fun, for awhile.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu