2 iulie 2014

Movie of the Day: Monsieur Verdoux (1947)

“The cleverest and most brilliant film of my career.”
Charlie Chaplin in Monsieur Verdoux (1947)

124 min - Comedy | Crime | Drama - 8 December 1947 (Sweden)

Director: Charles Chaplin
Writers: Charles Chaplin, Orson Welles
Stars: Charles Chaplin, Mady Correll, Allison Roddan

Henri Verdoux: Wars, conflict - it's all business. One murder makes a villain; millions, a hero. Numbers sanctify, my good fellow!

Judge: Monsieur Verdoux, you have been found guilty. Have you anything to say before sentence is passed upon you?
Henri Verdoux: Oui, monsieur, I have. However remiss the prosecutor has been in complimenting me, he at least admits that I have brains.

Priest: May the Lord have mercy on your soul.
Henri Verdoux: Why not? After all, it belongs to Him.

[to the court, after being found guilty of murder]
Henri Verdoux: I shall see you ALL soon - very soon.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu